Plainsboro Dental Services provides oral cancer screenings to help you maintain your oral and overall health. Oral cancer is easy to treat when diagnosed early, but can take your life if left untreated. Our dentist uses Identafi® technology to provide early oral cancer detection, allowing us to quickly diagnose any abnormalities and begin treatments. Give us a call at 609-716-7100 to make your appointment with Dr. Priti Dagli and learn more about screenings for oral cancer in Plainsboro, New Jersey.
Oral cancer includes cancers of the lips, tongue, floor of the mouth, cheeks, throat (pharynx), sinuses, and hard and soft palate. While oral cancer can usually be successfully treated when detected early, most cases of oral cancer are not detected until they have progressed into a more serious, advanced stage that is much more difficult to treat. In fact, oral cancer may be life threatening. At our office, we are dedicated to doing all we can to detect and treat oral cancers and other abnormalities at the earliest possible stage. During your routine dental cleanings and exams at our office, our dentist and team will perform an oral cancer screening to check for the signs of oral cancer.
The following are common symptoms of oral cancer:
- A persistent sore throat or feeling that something is caught at the back of the throat
- Unexplained bleeding in the mouth
- A persistent or lasting sore on the face, neck, or mouth that bleeds easily and does not heal within two weeks
- Unexplained loss of feeling, pain, or numbness in the face, neck, or mouth
- Ear pain
- Lumps, bumps, or rough spots on the gums, lips, or other parts of the mouth
- Red, white, or speckled red and white patches in the mouth
- Difficulty chewing, speaking, or swallowing
- A change in the way your teeth or dentures fit together
While our team will perform a screening for oral cancer to check for these and other symptoms, we encourage you to contact us if you notice any of these problems or if you experience any other type of dental pain. We are committed to helping you stay in good health.