When you visit Plainsboro Dental Services for a cosmetic consultation, our dentist will provide a smile analysis to help determine which treatments will provide you with the greatest benefits. Your smile analysis will combine the latest technologies with our many years of experience in providing gentle care, ensuring that you receive the personalized treatments that you need to enjoy a beautiful smile for years to come. For more information on smile analysis in Plainsboro, New Jersey, and to schedule your appointment with Dr. Priti Dagli, please contact us at 609-716-7100.
Smile analysis begins with an examination of your face, followed by an evaluation of your individual teeth. After determining your needs, our dentist will discuss your treatment options, as well as the materials that can be used when providing those treatments. We not only want to ensure that your teeth and smile are beautiful, but also that your facial esthetics are well balanced to provide you with an overall improvement in your appearance.
To help you determine if you should visit our dentist for a smile analysis, we have provided the following list of questions for a self-analysis. If, after going through these questions, you find multiple areas where you are dissatisfied with your smile or your oral health, we encourage you to contact our office to schedule your smile analysis with our dentist.
Smile Analysis Self-Evaluation
- In a slight smile, with your lips only slightly parted, do the tips of your front teeth show?
- In a full smile, is there anything you do not like about your smile?
- Are your two upper front teeth slightly longer or shorter than the other teeth?
- Do any teeth look too long or too short?
- Do any of your teeth look pointed, or overly flat?
- Are any of your teeth misshapen?
- In a full smile, does your top lip rise above the teeth so that the gums show?
- When you bite on your back teeth, do all your front teeth come into contact?
- When you bite on your front teeth, do those teeth come into contact?
- Are your lower front teeth straight and even in appearance?
- Are the upper front teeth straight and even in appearance?
- Are your teeth all the same color?
- Are there any stains or discolorations on your teeth?
- Do you have any fillings on the front teeth that are not color-matched to blend in with the rest of your teeth?
- Do you have any cavities or decay on your teeth?
- Are your gums pink and healthy-looking everywhere? (Not red or swollen.)
- Have your gums receded in any places?
- Is your breath generally pleasant?
- Do you use mouthwash or another treatment for bad breath?
- Do you brush your tongue?
- Do you have any problems with drainage in your throat or sinuses?
- Is your mouth free from tooth decay or gum disease that cause bad breath?
- How frequently do you brush your teeth each day? (It is recommended that you brush at least 3 times a day, or after each meal.)
- How frequently do you floss? (It is recommended that you floss daily.)
- Does anyone tell you that you snore?
- Does anyone tell you that you stop breathing while asleep?
- Do you grind your teeth at night?