When it comes to our patient’s health in Plainsboro, New Jersey, our Plainsboro Dental Services team works hard to offer a healthy approach to dentistry while providing quality dental care. One of the ways we accomplish this is by making sure our procedures and treatments are both safe and effective.
Dr. Priti Dagli uses digital x-rays to evaluate your smile to offer the most accurate prognosis. Digital x-rays provide detailed images of your teeth, jawbone, and soft tissue to find anomalies which are not visible otherwise. This means they can spot subtle cracks in dental fillings, bone loss, or decay between your pearly whites. While the traditional method of taking x-rays is considered to be safe it exposes you to more radiation than the digital option.
Are you familiar with the benefits of digital x-rays over traditional x-rays? Let’s take a look!
- With digital x-rays, you are experiencing 80% less radiation than your traditional versions.
- Digital x-rays allow us to take pictures of your mouth through a sensor in your mouth that is connected to a thin wire to the computer, while traditional x-rays involve cumbersome lead bibs and papers in the mouth with cutting edges.
- Digital x-rays are more environmentally friendly than using chemicals and film paper in traditional x-rays.
- Digital x-rays provide insight in seconds and can be resized without compromising quality or accuracy.
- Your digital x-rays can be forwarded electronically to another specialist or to support insurance claims without having to deal with cumbersome film paper.
Our staff in Plainsboro, New Jersey is always ready to use the highest quality methods to help our patients achieve the healthiest smiles possible. Digital x-rays are the perfect tool we can use to diagnose your smile health accurately, comfortably and conveniently.
If you have any questions or concerns about your oral health, we invite you to call us today at 609-716-7100 and speak to a member of our team. We will also be happy to schedule your next visit with Dr. Priti Dagli!